- Mark Roberts delivered the good news on Adam Folker–he is back practicing with the team, and should be able to play on Saturday and definitely will make the trip to Cal to start the season.
- Coach Turner trotted out Will Davis II, Daman Starring, Chris McNealy, Mike Best, and Mike Wilder as the first starting lineup of the season. Somewhat surprising to see Best start, but without Folker, the Anteaters don’t have much depth at center.
- Davis is going to be an impact player. Two big blocks and a big dunk early on.
- Free throw shooting might be a tad spotty.
- Best is not afraid to shoot, and make, the 3-pointer.
- Aaron Wright was impressive down the stretch, he and Collin Woods should form a nice one-two punch for years to come.
- All of the freshmen seemingly have the ability to contribute this year. Even the two walk-ons, particularly Travis Souza, came on and contributed. Bit surprised that Kevin Mulloy didn’t see more floor time.
- Coach Turner’s up-tempo style of play seems to fit this year’s personnel better than last year.